Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fast Sunday

So have you fasted lately as a Family? Well we did recently and it was a great experience. I have to admit I was impressed with the kids and the effort they put into it. Ruben kept reminding me that if Mitchelle and Aisha couldn't finish the fasting that it would be OK since they are the youngest of the bunch but he kept reminding me that I had to follow through. Every time I have ever tried to fast I literally don't make it since I suffer of LOW BLOOD SUGAR and if I don't have something to eat at a certain time I seriously feel sick to my stomach, so with that in mind I really did all I could to make sure and set a good example. So we started fasting Saturday night and that was a good idea. We woke up Sunday and they always run to the kitchen to see what I made and this time there was nothing but me reading scriptures and I reminded them that we could not eat until after church. Unfortunately for them we go in until 1 pm and get out at 4 pm. So on our way into church Koby asked, "Mom when we get home can I EAT ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I want?" I ofcourse answered YES. Then once the sacrament is passing by the kids asked if they could have the bread and I said YES and they each took a piece but i have never seen them eat the piece of bread so SLOW. Then before Sunday school finishes Aishas teacher comes to me and says she is CRYING I go and she is shaking and just keeps saying I AM HUNGRY so I grabbed my bag and got her crackers and apple slices and she ate them up like crazy. So we get home and I cook and everyone eats everything but I noticed that Mitchelle really did not complain about much and it turns out that in the morning when she took a shower she said she drank water which did not taste the best and her Primary teacher gave her a treat. Well we tried right thats what counts.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

It sounds like you are really teaching them to do things that are important, not just to know them. Of course it's okay if we don't do them perfectly at first. Alex and Elisa are great at fasting with me and they hardly ever complain any more. Sabrina still doesn't want to try so we haven't pushed her. Thanks for your example.